These were AMAZING!! We are going to be having these a lot and I just HAD to share!! I have highly adapted another recipe. (Which is totally my style. I only look at recipes to get inspiration for what I should make not how to cook it.)
Chicken, Rice & Cilantro-Lime Pesto Tacos
- Flour tortillas
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Minced garlic
- Parmesan cheese (the REAL kind – NOT Kraft)
- Chicken broth
- Mozzarella cheese
- Season your chicken by rubbing in salt and pepper into the breasts.
- Place your chicken breasts into olive oil in a pan and cover. Let it cook on one side and turn it over. They will cook completely through. Then slice the chicken long ways into strips. Do not discard the oil.
- Make 3 cups rice. (1 cup dry rice, two cups water.)
- Cut some onion and put it in the chicken oil to saute and caramelize. (I just sliced off a whole ring and threw it in that way.) You can also do peppers if you like peppers.
- Make your cilantro-lime pesto: In the blender put 1/4th cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 cup cilantro leaves (minimal stems), 3 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and half a teaspoon salt. Blend together. Heat over stove or in microwave.
- Slice avocado.
- Warm tortillas.
Then I just put the chicken, cheese and rice on the tortilla and popped each one in the microwave until the cheese melted. (I always like tacos better if the cheese is melted. You do not HAVE to do this.) Then I topped it with the pesto sauce, some avocado and some onions.
These tacos even got two thumbs up from my two picky eaters!!! We had 12 thumbs up! Even our baby (16 months) loved them! That recipe might look difficult and I almost didn’t want to make it because it looked hard, but it wasn’t!! I just threw everything in the blender and basically heated everything up! It was way easier than it sounds! Try something new! Chicken, Rice & Cilantro-Lime Tacos! 🙂
This CAN be prepared ahead of time by freezing the pesto sauce and then all you have to do is heat and slice!